Zurich Insurance is currently looking for an Underwriter with Sub-guard/Surety Construction Underwriting experience for our Atlanta office. This position will focus on underwriting and analyzing new and renewal business utilizing The Zurich Way of Underwriting framework. They will work within delegated authority levels on assignment of higher technical complexity and coordination. Administers and monitors underwriting rules and guidelines, insurance laws and regulations, and rating annual rules. Develop, maintain & collaborate with Line of Business representatives on referrals and other business related needs, as appropriate. May provide guidance to lower level associates. Develops and maintains relationships with distributors (agents & brokers) in support of business retention and acquisition and works with customers and distributors (agents & brokers) to determine their insurance related needs and provide solutions. Supports the Zurich sales culture by being a HelpPoint for agents, brokers and customers. Note: In business units that sell direct to the customer, references to the agent, broker or distributor may be replaced by parties such as prospect, insured, customer, sales representative or other terms that are customary in the unit.
A successful candidate will:
1. Possess a Bachelors Degree
2. Have 4 or more years of Sub-guard/Surety Construction Underwriting experience
3. Demonstrate technical knowledge and skills reflective of progression of positions of increasing responsibility.
4. Have broker relationships in the Atlanta
5. Be able and willing to travel 40%
6. Proficient computer skills in Word and Excel
1. Have excellent communication skills.
2. Solid knowledge of processing methods and workflow procedures, and basic knowledge of insurance underwriting and regulations for assigned territories.
3. Strong negotiation skills and ability to effectively assess risk.
4. Strong knowledge of underwriting philosophy, techniques, national/local filing, regulations and guidelines.
5. Ability to function effectively in team environment.
State or Province