The Underwriting Audit Manager:
-Manages Underwriting Coordinators – responding to questions, directing assignments and managing weekly priority lists.
- Completes audits on new business, renewals and quotes to assess quality as well as adherence to established procedures and authorities.
- Provides feedback to underwriting management to identify strengths and opportunities to improve underwriting criteria.
- Develops new underwriting audits to reflect changes in underwriting philosophies and strategies.
- Completes individual files audits, analysis of results and trends, scheduling and provides communication of findings to underwriting management.
- Shares high-level trends with management.
- Schedules and monitors monthly progress of policy file audits.
- Prepares performance reviews for staff and monitors progress, meeting with Coordinators on a regular basis. Coaches team and manages corrective action as appropriate.
- Acts as direct contact with Regulatory for SOX compliance testing.
- Collaborates with Actuary manager on services relating to rate level indications, price monitoring and qualitative analysis.
- Addresses complaints and resolves issues.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree (BA) or equivalent is required.
- A minimum of ten years of related commercial insurance experience is necessary.
- Excess and Surplus lines background recommended.
- CPCU, ASLI, IIA or completion of other insurance-related classes preferred.
- Requires advanced knowledge proficiency of Word, Excel and Lotus Notes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
|Nautilus Insurance Group, LLC|
State or Province