|Ready for a career change? Become a part of a great organization. Nautilus Insurance Group LLC is an ""A+ X"" (Superior) rated member of the W.R. Berkley Corp., a Fortune 500 company. We specialize in providing excess and surplus lines commercial property and casualty insurance coverage. Nautilus believes their employees are their greatest asset. Located in Scottsdale, AZ near 101 and Scottsdale Road, we offer a dynamic and professional work environment.
We currently have a great opportunity available for an Underwriting Manager. Our Underwriting Manager manages the assigned underwriting territory’s day-to-day operations of the underwriting functions to maximize production and underwriting results as well as ensures effective management of assigned territory.
The successful Underwriting Manager:
· Manages their assigned territory with responsibility for production, profitability and relationships with agent.
· Develops and executes strategic initiatives that support profit, growth, retention and customer service objectives.
· Provides leadership, direction and management in the risk selection process beyond the capacity of the underwriting staff.
· Assesses agency performance and recommends the appointment or cancellation of agents.
· Tracks and assesses impact of large losses including making recommendations to modify underwriting guidelines/profile as needed.
· Provides assistance in underwriting of difficult, complex accounts and resolves issues beyond the authority level of underwriting staff.
· Reviews and monitors underwriting policies and submissions to ensure underwriting standards and performance objectives are met.
· Allocates underwriting authority for staff, establishing their ability to accept risks, determine pricing and coverages, and place reinsurance.
· Creates, analyzes and interprets data from various reports.
· Ensures regular agency contact and visits to agents.
· Works with other departments to develop and maintain state specific forms, rules and rates as well as assisting them with customer complaints and developing recommendations as needed.
· Coordinates review of agency operational reviews and conducts the necessary follow up to assure timeliness of responses and monitor progress of opportunities identified.
· Represents the department in internal or external meeting or events.
· Assists with the development, marketing and communication plan for agents in an assigned territory.
· Directly manages assigned underwriting staff. This includes hiring, training, directing assignments, performance appraisals, performance issues and other management specific duties.
Ten to fifteen years related commercial P&C insurance underwriting and management experience and/or training, with previous work experience as a senior underwriter or equivalent is required.
Excess and surplus lines background beneficial.
CPCU, ASLI, AIC or completion of other insurance-related classes is preferred.
Intermediate computer skills in a Windows environment to include Word and Excel are necessary.
|Nautilus Insurance Group, LLC|
State or Province